This website or application (“Website”) is an initiative by Valipac, Belgian nonprofit organisation, with company number BE 0462.672.578 and registered office at Avenue Reine Astrid 59A/11, 1780 Wemmel (“Valipac” or “we”). Every user or visitor of the Website (“User”, “Visitor” or “You”) provides personal information as detailed below by visiting and/or using the Website. Valipac is therefore responsible for the processing of any personal data collected through the Website.
Valipac strives to collect and process your personal data in accordance to the applicable legal framework, like the Belgian Privacy law of 8th December 1992 and the European General Data Protection Regulation nr. 2016/679 of 27th April 2016 (hereafter “GDPR”).
This Policy is subject to future adjustments and changes by Valipac. Valipac will communicate such changes and adjustments clearly and you will be asked to explicitly accept these. It is the User’s responsibility to consult this Policy regularly.
1. Who processes your Personal Data?
Valipac acts as accountable entity for the processing of your data. Valipac furthermore uses a number of processors who may process your personal data commissioned by Valipac and who ensure the correct technical operation of the Website.
Valipac uses the following categories of processors:
- Processors who are responsible for hosting or creating the Website.
- Processors who are responsible for statistical analysis of the Website.
- Processors who are responsible for e-mailmarketing and other communication services.
2. Why do we process your Personal Data?
Valipac collects and processes your personal data to offer you a secure, optimal and personal user experience of the Website. The processing of your personal data is essential for the correct operation of the Website and any related services. The processing happens for the following purposes, and any other compatible purposes:
- To provide access to the user profile with which the user can do certain actions on our Website;
- To offer a general and personalized service;
- To send communications, either commercial or non-commercial;
- To inform of the activities and services of Valipac;
- To verify declarations and the payment of incentives if applicable;
- To manage customers, suppliers and other business partners;
- To provide support in case of inquiries or remarks;
- To follow-up on complaints about our Website;
- To analyse data and create reports;
- To perform audits in regards to verifying data;
- To announce and manage inscription to events;
- To improve our collaboration with you;
- To detect and protect from fraude, errors, criminal or unlawful use and/or any action that goes against the terms and conditions for the use of our Website.
Valipac processes and saves your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes as described above.
3. On what grounds will we process your Personal Data?
Valipac will process your Personal Data collected through the Website on grounds of (i) your acceptance of this Policy, and/or (ii) the preparation and execution of the agreement between you and Valipac through the Website (iii) the compliance with legal obligations, and/or (iv) the representation of the justified interest of Valipac, such as direct marketing, prevention of fraude, management of internal administration or safeguarding network and information security.
4. How will we gather your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is obtained through you, e.g. creating a profile or filling out online forms, and through different technical means that the Website uses to optimize user-experience and to detect possible technical errors on the Website, such as cookies (see article 7) and login information.
5. Which type of Personal Data do we process?
Valipac collects the following types of Personal Data, if applicable to you:
- Identification Data: Name, First Name
- Contact Information: E-mail, telephone number
- Professional Data: Title, employer, company number
- Personal Traits: Gender, Language
- Payment Details: Bank account number
- IP-address, time of visit, possible place of visit, data related to the device used.
6. Will my data be transferred to third parties within the EU?
Your Personal Data may be shared with the different categories of processors as indicated in Article 1 of this Policy, business partners of Valipac and authorities or the government.
Your Personal Data will otherwise not be sold, transferred or communicated to third parties
8. What are my rights?
You may exercise a number of rights concerning your Personal Data against Valipac, provided that you have these rights by the applicable legislation.
You may exercise these rights via email@example.com, accompanied by a proof of your identity. Valipac will respond to these requests, follow-up on them and respond within 1 month, corresponding the applicable legislation.
You may also contact or file a complaint via Data Protection Authority (Belgian Privacy Commission) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data which is based on the legitimate interest of Valipac, and to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Right of access
You have the right to view your Personal Data and obtain a copy of your Personal Data. Furthermore, you have the right to certain information pertaining to the processing of your Personal Data, e.g. the purpose for which we process your data, the types of Personal Data, the categories of recipient of your data.
Right to rectification
You have the right to rectify incorrect Personal Data or to complete Personal Data. In certain cases, you are able to change your Personal Data in your profile.
Right to erasure
You have the right to have your Personal Data deleted as long as the following conditions are met:
(a) Your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was stored;
(b) There is no legal reason for which your Personal Data must be stored;
(c) You object to the processing of your Data and there is no prevailing legitimate ground for your data to be processed by Valipac;
(d) Your Personal Data has been processed illegitimately; or
(e) Your Personal Data must be erased to comply with the legal obligations of Valipac.
Right to limit the processing
You have the right to limit the processing of your Personal Data by Valipac as long as the following conditions are met:
(a) You dispute the correctness of the Personal Data, during which time Valipac will verify the correctness;
(b) The processing is illegitimate and you object to the erasure of the data and instead request the limitation of the use of this data;
(c) Valipac no longer needs the Personal Data for its purposes but you still require these for a legal claim;
(d) You object to the processing, while awaiting reply to your request whether or not Valipac’s legitimate grounds outweigh those of the user or visitor.
In case of limitation to processing, the data may still be stored by Valipac.
Right to data portability
For the Personal Data that (i) is processed in the context of the implementation of the agreement, (ii) was given by you and (iii) is processed through automatic procedures, you have the right to obtain these from Valipac in a structured, common and machine-legible form, as well as the ability to transfer this data to a similar supplier or to directly have it transferred to, if technically possible.